Roni Horn’s Pink Tons is my chosen piece of work to focus this subject project on, after a brief encounter with the piece last year, noting how I liked the way the piece looked I went back to the piece. Horn’s work focuses on the masculinity and the femininity of the artwork and has specific instruction on where to place within a gallery. This has influenced a new style within my work, a practice that is based on the method of collecting, categorising and then creating responses based on the findings. This new practice within my work has unlocked a new confidence, this style is something I have worked with for a while yet not realised is my preferred practice. Horn and her influence from experience in Iceland has correlated in my work via collecting objects for the subject work. As this is the start of my project I am unaware of how big this new practice could develop, however I am very excited to create the new artworks.
For Documentation you need to have four specific links (listed below) and one of your own choosing:
- A post that documents the work and responses made in the ideas lab
- A post that documents the original artwork you chose and your initial ideas in response to it
- A post that documents the original artwork you chose and your initial material responses to it.
- A post that begins to clarify the thinking and process that is directing the development of your own original artwork(s) at this stage.
- A post of your own choosing.
For Contextualisation you need to have four specific links (listed below) and one of your own choosing:
- A post that demonstrates the most influential concepts you have gained from the Key Concept lecture series, with a brief description of how this has influenced your practice.
- A post that demonstrates a key contextual reference you found through your research into your initial chosen artwork, with a brief description of how this has influenced your studio practice.
- A post that indicates a key contextual reference you have found through your research and visit to galleries (see Roni Horn, Pink Tons, 2009)
- A post that indicates your contextual research and thinking about the function of ‘studios’.
- A contextual post of your own choosing.